CAMDEN — The Camden Riverhouse Hotel is sponsoring the Pirates of the Dark Rose for a two-day fun filled family event during the Camden Windjammer Festival on Saturday, Sept. 2 and Sunday, Sept. 3.
Visit Camden Harbor Park and learn to walk like a pirate, talk like a pirate, and fight like a pirate (for fun). Featuring a puppet show both days, and a battle Sunday afternoon, the Pirates of the Dark Rose will provide two days of fun for all kids, large or small. All events are free to the public.
The Pirates of the Dark Rose are sponsored by Camden Riverhouse Hotel and Inns.
Saturday, Sept. 2:
- 10 - 11 a.m. – Meet and visit with the pirates at their encampment
- 11 - 11:30 a.m. – The Dark Rose Puppet Show – pirate encampment
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. – Recruiting pirates, children blade practice and join the Hellion Brigade. The pirates of the Dark Rose prepare their own crew, gathered from the children who attend. They are trained with swords (foam, of course) and show them how to become one of the crew of the Hellion Brigade.
- 1:30 – 2:15 p.m. – Cannon lessons with Capt. Carver at the pirate encampment
- 2:15 – 4 p.m. – Pirates of the Dark Rose duels and weapon demo
Sunday, Sept. 3:
All Day – Learn about small arms and their history. Enjoy cannon weapons demonstrations, children's games, the pirate lexicon, history, superstition and stories, and take in the sights and sounds of the pirate encampment.
- 10 – 11 a.m. – Come on to Tortuga – displays, games and fun!
- 11 – 11:30 a.m. – The Dark Rose Puppet Show – pirate encampment
- 1 – 1:45 p.m. – The Big Fight – at the head of the harbor – best viewed from the town landing. The pirate ship, Must Roos, invades Camden Harbor, while defenders attempt to repel and defeat the fearsome pirates.
- 2:30 – 4 p.m. – Learn how not to walk the plank, make a pirate map, have a balloon cutlass made for you. Can you walk like a pirate? Talk like a pirate? Fight like a pirate? Learn everything about pirates.